Mechanical Design Engineer
Advertiser: BCS Airport Systems Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Are you a craftsman, passionate about efficient design?
- With an analytical mind and strong mathematical skills you will enjoy drafting designs tailored to the needs of stakeholders
- Work for a global leader where your contributions are recognised and valued, offering dynamic challenges
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. Based at our Hallam Office, we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. You will consult on sales proposals ensuring function, throughput time scale and execution are within specification. You will then lead the design and execution of mechanical engineering projects according to system specifications and adherence to standard product suites.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Create, assist, modify, revise and maintain engineering layouts
- Ensure design changes and solutions are implemented and coordinated into the design documentation
- Generate conveyor schedule, bill of material, sales layout, approval layout and installation drawing for sales or project
- Design, draft and maintain components / products of material handling system
- Create and maintain interface drawings for project
- Remote and face to face technical support for site installation and commissioning teams
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will have experience with the design and delivery of automated material handling solutions. You will be recognised for your skills as an artisan with design of solutions for Brown and Greenfield conveyor and machine systems, and for your ability to effectively manage project costs, minimizing design variation to efficiently deliver time bound solutions.
Ideally you will have worked in Aviation, Logistics or related Industry Sector and understand operational and installation challenges associated with material handling system design. With Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) you will be familiar with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft suit of packages.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work in a visible role supporting the delivery or complex and business critical projects.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
To apply for this job go to:
bcsgroupcareers.com and enter ref code: 4898267.
Applications close 08 November 2019