Head Sport Coaches
Advertiser: Melbourne Sports InstituteMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
A North West Melbourne P-12 College is currently seeking experienced and dedicated Head Coaches for their upcoming season of ACS (Association of Coeducational Schools) Inter School Sport Competition for 2020.
The year is divided up into two seasons; summer season and winter season.
The school is currently seeking head coaches for the sports listed below.
Summer Season: Term 1, 2020 & Term 4, 2020
Number of weeks involved: 19 weeks
Head Coaches Needed: Girls Softball, Boys Softball, Touch Football, Cricket
Winter Season: Term 2, 2020 & Term 3, 2020
Number of weeks involved: 15-18 Weeks
Head Coaches Needed: Girls Football (AFL), Boys Football (AFL), Mixed Badminton, Netball
Whole Season: Term 1, 2020 – Term 4, 2020
Number of weeks involved: 34-37 weeks
Head Coaches Needed: Basketball, Hockey, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Futsal*
Sports are played Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday’s from approximately 12.45pm-5.15pm
*Please note that futsal is only 1 afternoon per week on Wednesday’s.
Each Head Coach will work collaboratively with the College Head of Sport, Head of Sport Years 7-12 and the College Co-curricular Administrator to deliver the following outcomes:
- Develop a three to five year plan for the development of the sport and our athletes’ skills;
- Support and implement our College values on and off the sporting arena;
- Ideally coach the First team of each Year Level across the 3 days of midweek fixtures (negotiable);
- Supervise the selection of teams at all ACS levels;
- Support the College Head of Sport and Head of Sport Years 7-12 in the appointment of coaches across the program;
- Identify further performance opportunities outside the ACS;
- Work in collaboration with other coaches to identify students to be considered for ACS All Star Awards, and further MO/NSO opportunities;
- Create and implement training sessions at the commencement of each season and during bye rounds;
The successful applicant will have:
- Sport specific playing and/or coaching experience
- Formal coaching accreditation (preferable)
- A holistic coaching philosophy of growth and development alongside performance
- Effective organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with others (ie. staff, students, parents, coaches)
- Good time management skills
- A commitment to child safety, demonstrating an understanding of appropriate
behaviours when engaging with children with diverse needs and backgrounds
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain it.
- Valid First Aid Qualification (HLTAID003) or willingness to obtain it.
If you wish to apply for a head coach position at this College, please send your expression of interest in a reply email. Please note that applications will not be considered without an attached CV, specifically outlining your coaching and playing experience in the specified sport.