Assistant Accountant (Victoria)
Advertiser: UNIGRAIN PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
UniGrain is a proud and successful cereal, grain and pulse miller with operations spanning both the east and west coasts of Australia and a staff base of over 120 dedicated employees. UniGrain’s focus is the manufacture of oat cereal product for breakfast cereal markets across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South Africa. UniGrain mills oats from both its Victorian and Western Australian mills and have now grown to become one of the largest millers of oats in the Asia Pacific region.
We are looking for an efficient and passionate person with a personality type that is professional and customer focused and committed. It is imperative that the successful candidate has proven ability to multi-task, are able to work to strict deadlines and possesses well developed organisational skills.
Flexible working hours will be considered for this role.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be required to support the existing Finance Team of three.
Key Responsibilities of your role include but not limited to:-
- Daily update of FX rates and regular posting of Sales, Tickets and Inventory Adjustments.
- Weekly Cash Flow projection and Trade Finance Facility update/rollover.
- Preparation of the Weekly Profit & Loss including analysis and highlighting of any significant items/variances.
- Reconciliation of Debtors & Creditors
- Month end reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly Profit & Loss reconciliations
- Monthly BAS return preparation and company taxes including FBT.
- Monthly documentation and reconciliation of Marine Insurance.
- Assist with Month End Closing.
- Assist with preparation of the Board Pack in conjunction with Senior Accountant.
- Monitoring of Fixed Asset Register.
- Financial Analysis as required.
- Suggest and assist in making efficiency improvements.
- Project assistance as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as directed.
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability in learning new accounting software.
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, creativity, and manage internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
Excellent remuneration commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Only applicants with existing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Applications for this position close Friday 18th October 2019.