- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
JG King Homes is a well establised award winning builder and are seeking a highly motivated Draftsperson to join our team.
This position will be based in one of 2 locations - Melbourne or Ballarat
Reporting to the Contracts & Drafting Manager, this full time position requires a person who demonstrates accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Draft detailed architectural plans based on client request, ensuring that building methodology and regulatory constraints are adhered to
- Checking other Draftspersons work in line with QA procedures
- Coordination & ordering of engineering as required
- Ensure that files are complete once the allocated job is finished
- Following strict processes and procedures
- Resolve issues raised during the drafting of jobs
- Prompt resolutions of issues identified during all of the processes associated with individual projects and the role in general.
- Completed a formal course in Diploma of Building Design & Drafting or equivalent course with a minimum of 2-3 years practical experience;
- Previous and proven planning & construction related experience;
- Demonstrated ability to read & understand all types of construction related documentation. (i.e Contract, Plans, Land documentation);
- Demonstrated focus on customer service;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being an active member of a team;
Demonstrated ability to understand Planning, Title and Construction related documentation and produce plans considerate of all restrictions and regulatory matters.
Demonstrated ability to handle multi dwelling and infill site projects including planning and construction matters.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills - both written & oral;
- Strong work ethics;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Superior time management & organisational skills.