IT Support Analyst
Advertiser: Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $65,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty Ltd (SRAU) supplies the Sumitomo and Falken brand tyres to the Australian replacement market. This business in Australia is a subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries based in Japan with more than a century of trading history and a presence in most countries around the world.
SRAU is currently looking for an experienced and qualified IT professional to manage SRAU’s network and IT resources throughout Australia.
This standalone role is a fulltime permanent position, based in Chipping Norton, NSW (relocating to Prestons in February 2020), and reporting to the General Manager - Finance, HR, & IT based in NSW.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a range of IT related functions to support our national franchise group and wholesale warehouse network.
You will also assist in determining the future direction and implementation of new systems. Some business and finance attributes will be highly desirable.
You will also assist in determining the future direction and implementation of new systems.
Some of the areas the role covers are:
General Desktop and Technical Support:
- Answering technical queries and assisting or training users.
- Application and Desktop support, including network, internet and email troubleshooting for both SRAU and the Franchise Group
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Coordinating Technical Support escalations through various IT Vendors
- Report and resolve electronic communication errors and blockages
- Stock File Management (eg: Loading new product codes & removing old codes).
- Troubleshooting any reported problems. (Windows/Linux Desktop and Server Systems).
- Operating system customisation and deployment knowledge (WDS, SMART Deploy)
Systems Maintenance & Security:
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is running effectively.
- Maintaining Email Servers (IMAP, POP & SMTP) for franchise stores.
- Analysing server and system, application and backup logs to identify potential issues with the network and computer systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Performing routine security audits and with up to date with current market changes.
- Back up and redundancy checks, Disaster recovery checks.
- EDI Data Management/integration.
- Azure cloud knowledge (virtual machines, platform as a service, Azure active directory and Single sign-on).
Sales & Marketing Support:
- Producing upload data for online use.
- Assist in maintaining Company Websites and Franchise portal
Franchise Stores point of contact for emails/vendor escalations/general advise.
Other duties as directed
The successful applicant must have the following attributes:
- Exceptional communication skills in written and spoken English, including listening.
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in IT field.
- High levels of technical experience and understanding of programming/scripting preferred.
(eg: Windows Server 2019/Ubuntu)
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity or experience with writing multiple database languages including SQL ODBC queries (Highly desirable)
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent qualifications;
- Able to operate with minimum supervision.
- Able to get the whole job done, efficiently and without fuss.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence.
SRAU is looking for a person who can grow with this role.
If you are looking for a change of pace, where you will work in close knit, highly supportive environment and where you will be recognised for your contribution and you can have a big impact in a highly dynamic company then we would love to hear from you. You will be busy!
Please click to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 3 technical support?