Assistant Director of Nursing
Advertiser: Canberra Health ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Imaging
Canberra Health Services
Registered Nurse Level 4.1
Salary Range: $120,730 (PN: 45339)
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
CHS is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Medical Imaging Department of CHS operates 24 hours, seven days a week, offering a wide range of imaging modalities. The service provides state of the art radiology, MRI, PET, interventional radiology, ultrasound and nuclear medicine services for patients in Canberra and the South East Region of NSW. We are committed to providing our patients with cost-effective, easily accessible subspecialty expertise along with a strong commitment to research and training in advancing the use of imaging for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
The Medical Imaging Department is part of the CHS Medical Services Group, which also includes ACT Pathology, CHS Pharmacy, Healthcare Technology Management, the Physician Training Office, the Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), the GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) and the CHS Library.
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) for Medical Imaging holds a senior Nursing leadership position within Medical Services. The ADON, in consultation with the Medical Imaging Clinical Director, provides strategic leadership, direction, planning and operational input to achieve quality patient care and service delivery outcomes within Medical Imaging. The ADON for Medical Imaging reports directly to the Clinical Director of Medical Imaging and has a professional reporting line to the Director of Nursing and Midwifery Patient Support Services (DONM PSS).
- Be registered or be eligible for registration in nursing with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- An appropriate post-graduate qualification.
- Experience in the specialty area of Medical Imaging Nursing and/or acute care.
- Experience working at a senior management level.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Service occupational screening requirements related to immunisation.
For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au ref 01MEL
Applications Close: 24 October 2019