Chief Revenue Officer
Advertiser: Merlot Aero LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Are you a brilliant, dynamic and experienced enterprise software sales leader looking for an opportunity to make your mark on a kiwi software success story? Perhaps you have been working overseas and want to return home, or you are just looking for your next adventure…join our great Auckland-based team in taking our airline performance software to the airline industry around the world.
Merlot Aero is on the lookout for someone special: building on our growing customer base you’ll lead the acceleration of our global growth as we launch new products and deliver disruptive solutions to the industry as we take on our goal of becoming the world leader in airline performance software. The perfect candidate will be a customer-oriented sales professional who is savvy in all aspects of complex B2B sales, experienced in accelerating growth, and capable of leading through transformation.
The groundwork has been put in place with a team of experienced airline professionals in three global hubs, but there is still room to build out your team and approach. You will love traveling but have a home base in our global headquarters in Auckland.
This will be a varied and challenging role, where no two days will be the same. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Participation in strategic planning to provide reasonable and thorough revenue projections for budgeting and multi-year modelling
- Living in the metrics and projections to provide sound insights to our strategy and financial business functions
- Transforming our engagement with prospects, elevating the level of conversation to executive level value-oriented solution selling. Building strong relationships with our strategic prospects.
- Managing and motivating our direct sales team with the appropriate measures and incentives
- Building, training and encouraging our team of industry solution experts/presales as part of a complex sales strategy
- Developing and managing sales agents, channels and third-party resellers
- Managing sales operations systems including increased use of our Dynamics CRM and recommend other B2B sales systems that will accelerate and enhance our approach
- Owning and enhancing our B2B sales process/methodology including pipeline, account planning, proposals and contracts
- Understanding and thriving in solution selling for cutting-edge/future technologies - driving a lean style of constant experimentation and learning
- Working closely with the strategy team to enhance product roadmap, market research and account-based-marketing capabilities in an efficient and innovative way
- Developing and presenting board-level revenue reporting
If we were to describe the ideal person for the role, here are some of the attributes they'd have:
- 10+ years’ experience in complex B2B sales and sales management
- A structured and disciplined approach to sales management – caring deeply about best-practices and standards for world class enterprise software sales.
- Solid experience growing revenue from global customer bases, and a proven track record of hitting revenue targets in high growth environments
- Experience in a transformational leadership role where there is a need to balance the achievement of short-term financial performance with sustainable long-term growth
- Excellent communication skills – they will love talking to customers and inspiring engagement in a cutting-edge vision
- Expert value-based/business case selling skills
- They would thrive when collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams and time zones
Founded in 2008, merlot.aero has cemented its place as a leader in disruptive innovation for the aviation industry. Our value proposition is based on business optimisation through crew management for airlines internationally. The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing).
We have a team of 115 strong and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation. There are 30 of us based in Ponsonby currently, with the remainder of the team in Manila and around the globe. We are an open-minded, fast thinking group, who communicate regularly and take pride in what we do. Our offices in Auckland are brand new, in a central Ponsonby location, with great public transport links or carparks for those who need.
You will be managed by a supportive and energetic CEO who is the founder of the business. You will be given loads of autonomy to make the role your own.
If the above sounds like you, then click apply now and we'll be in touch. Team fit is extremely important to us, we will move quickly for the right person so don’t wait to apply as we will review applications as they come in.