Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Our HR TeamMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Our client, a Brisbane based non-profit that supports individuals with a disability and their families, is looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to join and lead the organisation. For over 34 years, the organisation's family-oriented values have led to the creation of a caring community which has endeavoured to support its members in a profound way. With a workforce of about 160 passionate people, our client, with deep ethos and values, has a strong desire for individuals with a disability to live a good life.
The CEO will need to have strong background in managing relationships or business development as the reliance on partnerships that you nurture and forge are integral to the sustainable and developmental opportunities for the future of the organisation. You will be a strong executive with established leadership skills, a proven innovator and forward-thinker and able to utilise resources effectively and efficiently. This role will see you promote and maintain the established activities and relationships but also pilot growth, seeking new opportunities and partnerships to achieve the community objectives of the organisation. The CEO will champion the organisation and be the story teller seeking opportunities to promote the brand and realise opportunities.
At the core, the CEO will need to drive several key business, management, and service components of the organisation, being accountable for implementing and building on the Strategic Plan. The CEO will report to the Governance Board and will ensure all decisions and actions of the organisation align with company values. It is most important that this can be seen by the individuals with a disability and their families in the service they receive. Your passion and empathy is imperative in your day-to-day dealings with any person, their families or relevant stakeholders.
It is envisaged that the position may require travel predominantly in Queensland. However, travel outside Queensland may also be required in seeking opportunities.
The remuneration for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant but it is in the vicinity of a Total Employment Cost (TEC) upward of $150,000. The position is expected to commence after 31 October 2019.
Some of the Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Are:
- Provide leadership in the creation of strategic, tactical and financial plans, including budgets and forecasts;
- Develop goals and measure performance of key indicators throughout the organisation, reporting findings/ providing recommendations to the Board;
- Devise and implement business development strategies/initiatives in order to ensure that the organisation can meet its clients' requirements now and into the future;
- Continue to grow and retain the capacity and ability of the organisation's workforce;
- Engage relevant stakeholders and community members to raise awareness of the services the organisation provides, enhancing brand awareness;
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation and ensure that the organisation retains its strong reputation within the community, clients and other relevant stakeholders; and
- Ensure clear and consistent communication and reporting to the Board on key matters; and manage risks.
Key Capabilities Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in human services/social sciences or community development related field and/or significant experience in a senior management role in an organisation that actively promotes the wellbeing and rights of people with disability and their families/networks;
- A Master of Business Administration and/or a completion of Social Role Valorisation, P.A.S.S.I.N.G. is highly desirable;
- Proven track record of highly effective leadership skills, with the ability to develop organisational culture and manage people;
- Ability to determine the financial needs of a non-profit, successfully implement new fundraising initiatives and tender proposals to donors;
- The ability to think and lead strategically, including the ability to solve complex problems and provide recommendations;
- Experience implementing Strategic Plans and measuring associated goals/key indicators;
- Forward-thinker and highly innovative;
- Experience with public speaking and the ability to provide addresses/statements to the media where required;
- Prior experience working with a Board of Directors;
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and other compliance obligations that apply to non-profits; and
- A caring and empathetic approach toward individuals with a disability and their family.
We are looking for someone who will truly connect with the importance of the work done by our client, and who is highly motivated to build upon the existing frameworks and services provided by the organisation.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your application via Seek.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only applicants successful in progressing to an interview will be contacted.
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?