Advertiser: Australian Nursing Home FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $55,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the organisation
We are a well-known, leading culturally specific community-based No-For-Profit aged care provider in Sydney.
Our vision is to be the model provider of culturally appropriate residential and community aged care in Australia. To honour and respect our elders as family in happy, caring communities is our continuous mission.
About the Role
Responsible for the day to day transactional processing, accounting and reporting and ensuring that these activities meet the required standards and deadlines.
Main duties including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of accounts receivable system including client/resident details, record of receipts, filing systems, finalising resident agreements
- Processing high volume of client/resident invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring correct allocation of costs to GL and cost centre accounts
- Monthly Medicare statement reconciliation as well as AR sub-ledger and General Ledger reconciliation
- Timely completion of monthly bank reconciliation
- Take ownership of residential care and community care billing and receipting processes
- Monthly journal posting, GL reconciliation, reporting and variance analysis
- End of year audit preparation and government acquittal and compliance returns
- Exploring continuous improvement opportunities in the accounting system/processes
- Involvement in projects and ad hoc duties as required or as directed by the Finance Manager
Skills and Experience
The successful candidates should possess the following:
- Relevant qualification in Finance/Accounting
- At least 1-2 years relevant hands on experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify and analyse information
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines independently
- Relevant working experience with computerised accounting system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Must be willing to assume other financial accounting role
- Residential and/or community aged care experience
- Experience in government acquittal processes
We offer a range of benefits including competitive pay rate, ongoing training and career development opportunities within the organisation. Salary packaging options of up to $15,900 are available to increase your take home income.
Applications close on Thursday 24 October 2019
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
T: (02) 8741 0235
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices and principles of cultural diversity. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Background Check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?