Mechatronics & Automation Engineer
Advertiser: Earth AIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About the business
EARTH AI is a vertically integrated mineral exploration technology company. Our mission is to fundamentally improve the efficiency of mineral exploration to provide enough metals and minerals for the current and future generations, by developing the-state-of-the-art technologies and integrating them into every stage of mineral exploration.
We operate in-house:
1) AI-technology development
2) Geological mapping and sampling in remote locations
3) Geophysical surveying in remote locations
4) Mineral exploration drilling in remote locations
5) Hardware Automation R&D
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Mechatronic Automation Engineer to join our team. Your main responsibility will be to design and build automated solutions to the challenges facing our company. Primarily, this will focus on the development of our autonomous drill rig and mechanical hardware that supports our low footprint, low impact drilling. Example duties may range from developing sensors for the autonomous rig to refining and innovating our drilling mud and sump system.
You are expected to:
1) Have strong technical skills
2) Have strong project management skills
3) Love Experimenting & Researching for best ways
4) Love fast-paced work environments
5) Maintain & Encourage high work standards
6) Want to constantly improve and grow
You will be part of a supportive, collaborative and friendly team based in Sydney. You will be working alongside amazing scientists, engineers, and geologists, directly impacting our mineral exploration strategies and operations.
Benefits and perks
Exciting opportunity to pave a new way through a large, established but conservative industry.
A competitive compensation package that matches your skill and experience level
Opportunities to shape the direction of the company
A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
Team lunches and group activities
Skills and experience
As a minimum, you will need:
Bachelors Degree or higher in Mechatronic Engineering or similar
Willingness to engage in 'hands-on' work
Minimum 2-year experience in Mechatronics Engineering or similar
Tech or geology sector experience is a plus
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?