Advertiser: Momentum CollectiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
We can offer you
- Part time employment 30 hours per week
- Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Joina growing organisation
This position provides case management to victims of domestic violence, prioritising housing stability to enable women and children to live safely at home.
The service provides intensive case work which is long-term, needs-based and integrated with key agencies such as the Police, Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services, health services, Housing NSW and relevant NGOs.
SHLV requires comprehensive assessment of risk for women and children affected by domestic and family violence. SHLV safety planning and case management strategies support a process of enabling domestic and family violence victims to:
- remain separated from a violent partner by addressing common barriers to leaving violent relationships
- have stable accommodation
- maintain support networks
- maintain security in employment/training for women
- maintain security in education/childcare for their children
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar or relevant role with a domestic violence service.
- Tertiary or advanced level qualification relating to the role (e.g. Human Services, Child and Family Studies, Social Welfare, Criminology, Social Work).
- Demonstrated experience actively engaging with culturally diverse peoples and with complex clients in a collaborative case work context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impacts of domestic violence on women and children.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impacts on children of parental vulnerabilities including; drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health, lack of parenting skills and intellectual disability.
- Demonstrated skills in priority setting, planning and organising own work to achieve work outcomes.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Information technology literacy in a windows environment, particularly word processing, spreadsheets, databases and internet.
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred, child focused and trauma informed practice.
Interested in this position?
Please visit our website, https://mymomentum.org.au/job/careers/ to view the position description.
We welcome and invite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance and current Working with Children Check
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
Hi the apply button now or please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area.
For Enquiries: please contact Tracey Devine on 0405316429
Applications close: 9.00am Monday 21st October, 2019
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.