Finance & Administration ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
About the business
An exciting Australian-owned clothing manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer requires a Finance and Administration manager to provide accurate and timely financial information to the management of the company and to be responsible for the day-to-day functions of all aspects of Finance, Administration & Human Resources.
The Head Office is located in Port Melbourne, with a manufacturing office in China and Retail flagship store in South Melbourne. Our brands are manufactured in China and delivered to major retailers and boutiques throughout Australia, New Zealand and the USA accordingly:
- Wholesale to department stores and boutiques
- Department store concession
- Independent retail
About the role
Job Tasks & Responsibilities Include:
- Process and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, BAS & GST
- Prepare monthly management P&L and Balance sheet
- Prepare cash flow, predict and manage weekly/monthly
- Process and Account for company payroll including Super, Payroll Tax & Work cover
- Constantly review processes and costs to find efficiencies and savings
- Drive change and cost-control measures
- Develop base line budget in consultation with management and report monthly
- Reconcile China Office and Retail Business Accounts
- Develop and continually review Import and Export Costing templates
- General Office Administration and Management
- Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Explaining Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees
- Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Addressing any employment relation issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
- Overseeing hiring process
Skills and experience
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified (CPA, CA, Accounting or Similar)
- 5+ years Wholesale and Retail Experience
- Proven Experience within a changing environment in a growing business
- Strong MYOB knowledge and experience
- A complete understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting and taxation
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and ability to work within a team
- Strong organisational, time management and analytical skills
The chosen applicant will be strictly disciplined, an independent thinker and very well versed on the subject of Accounting/Financial Reporting.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?