Student and Academic Services Officer (Examinations & Results)
Advertiser: Deakin CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
About the role
The Student and Academic Services Officer (Specialist - Examinations & Results) is responsible for providing high quality administrative and services support at Deakin College, Burwood across a range of academic and student services with a specialist focus on:
- Student progression and records management
- Course and enrolment database management
- Examination coordination
- General administrative management and support
- Staff/Student support
This a full-time ongoing position.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deal with competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading and editing skills
- Methodical and thorough approach to complex logistical tasks
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and professionals
- Ability to independently resolve routine problems and issues
- Sense of responsibility and commitment to education
- IT literacy (e.g. student information system or database, or customer relationship management systems) and experience
- Excellent communication skills
What we can offer you:
- A fun and supportive team environment
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
For over 25 years, we've prepared students around the world to be study-ready, work-ready and world-ready. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have more than 30 trusted partnerships with ambitious, forward-thinking universities around the world.
Through our unparalleled global reach across 24 countries, we help our partners achieve their goals of a stronger, more diverse student population, improved academic outcomes, superior student experiences, enhanced global profile and sustainable revenue.
Our Australasian university partners include Curtin University, Deakin University, Edith Cowan University, University of South Australia, University of Adelaide, La Trobe University, Western Sydney University, Griffith University, University of Newcastle, University of Canterbury and the University of Canberra
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online, or for further information, please contact Joanne Vella at Deakin College on +61 3 9244 5869.
Applications close on Sunday 27 October, 2019 at 11:59pm; however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For full description of the role and other opportunities, please visit https://www.navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.
- Are you a current, or previous employee of Navitas and/or it's affiliated employing groups?