Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who will work closely with the Finance Manager to assist them with the financial processing, management and reporting in a way that supports the organisation to manage costs and to make effective financial and operational decisions.
Using your keen attention to detail, you will:
- Prepare and process of month end journals,
- Prepare reporting requirements up to the trial balance stage
- Reconcile monthly General Ledger
- Process of accruals, prepayment and subsequent journals
- Oversee and assist with the Fixed Asset Register
- Reconcile General Ledger and Balance Sheet
- Reconcile daily bank
- Prepare BAS returns for the Manager to review before submission
- Assist with the preparation of budgeting and forecasting reports
- Have involvement in the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as back up
- Liaise and assist with external auditors during Half Year and Year End Audits.
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Management Report Pack for review and distribution
The successful candidate must have or be working toward an accounting qualification, a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience. Prior involvement in an ASX listed and manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
Bring your skills where they will be valued. Work with and lead a great team of people with a developing ‘best practice’ culture. An excellent salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?