- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $29.95 per hour Plus 25% Loading
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
About the team
Penrith City Council is the largest Local Government provider of Children Services in NSW, with more than 44 child care services annually catering for 4000 children. Committed to providing Children's Services programs for the benefit of families and children across the City, we offer a variety of child care services including Long Day Care, Vacation and Out of School Hours Care, Preschools and a Mobile Playvan and are at the leading edge of implementing curriculum for the intellectual, social and physical development of the children within our care.
About the role
We have exciting Casual opportunities for Child Care Aides to join one of our not for profit Child Care Services that either exceed or meet national quality education standards.
Your previous centre based experience would put you in good stead to implement the curriculum for children ranging from 0 to 12 years. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and work well in a diverse team environment.
You will, over time, have the opportunity to work across various services including Preschool, Long Day Care and Out of School Hours Services.
To be successful in this role, you must be 18 years or over and have completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent.
We offer our staff highly competitive benefits such as flexible working conditions, access to Council’s paid maternity leave, 15 days sick leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, diverse salary packaging options and internal training and networking opportunities, including education and study assistance, plus further support through our recognition programs.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to pursue your passion and make your mark in Penrith.
The criteria to be addressed in your application is below:
- A Diploma in Community Services (Children’s Services) or other qualifications which are approved for this position (including Care for Babies Competency)
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Centre based experience with 0-12 year old children
- Understanding of The National Quality Standards including Contemporary Curriculum Frameworks
- An understanding of The Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
- A commitment to caring for children with disabilities/additional needs
- Experience in implementing contemporary early and middle childhood practices
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- A Child Protection Certificate (Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk)
A full position description is attached.
Commencing Salary: From $29.95 per hour Plus 25% Loading
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below. Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered. For further information about the position please contact Children Services Human Resources on 4732 7777. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.