Advertiser: Royal HaskoningDHVMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
Royal HaskoningDHV, a global leader within the Engineering and Project Management industry, is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team in North Sydney for an initial full time 6 month contract starting immediately. Whilst this is an initial 6 month contract, there is a possibility that this may extend or become a permanent role in the future.
The assistant accountant is a key member of the finance team and will provide support to the Finance Director and Senior Accountant, as well as the wider Australian team on a number of critical weekly/monthly tasks.
These tasks include:
- Completing a wide variety of data entry tasks requiring excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Month end Balance Sheet reconciliations and GL journals
- Reconciliations of bank statements and corporate credit cards
- Completing the fortnightly and monthly payroll processing
- Accounts Payable support including entering invoices into ABW
- Assisting the Project Controller/Snr Accountant with updating project financials in the ERP system
- Assisting the Snr Accountant with BAS/FBT on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets register as required
- Provide assistance to the Finance Director with compiling monthly management reports
In addition, you will have some or all of the following competencies:
- Good organisational skills are required as is an ability to work independently, seeking guidance when required.
- Ability to work to strict time constraints, particularly with respect to fortnightly and monthly payrolls.
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed.
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills and excellent attention to detail is required
- Confident and Personable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A flexible, practical and hands on aptitude, willing to perform accounting and back up clerical and administrative work as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a small to medium business.
- Bachelors’ Degree with a major in accounting/finance and CPA/CA or studying towards.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role within an established global industry leader, apply now!
Please note that this role is only available to candidates with unrestricted working rights in Australia. CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?