Senior Financial Accountant
Advertiser: Mars RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2019
- $140k - $155k p.a.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
The focus and responsibilities of this role require sound knowledge of financial instruments and IM funds reporting, combined with project management skills and experience.
In this role you will be;
- Be a trusted partner for the business, drive the strategic planning process and enable achievement of strategic objectives through the delivery of the Business Change Programme.
- Develop and provide relevant, accurate, timely and informative internal and external reporting. Provide reporting which facilitates and supports business decisions and achievement of the strategic objectives.
- Support business operations and improvements through provision of efficient, effective, proactive and well controlled governance, planning, processes, analysis and advice.
The roles primary responsible for but not limited to;
- Review in-house Cash & Fixed Income daily performance and follow up any variances.
- Assist the Financial Controller in reviewing team tasks and driving change as appropriate.
- Assistance with the annual audit, year-end preparation and all aspects of statutory reporting.
- Complete Treasury reporting requirements.
Some ad-hoc duties will include;
• Analyse business units to identify improvements to processes, systems and procedures.
• Provide professional advice to internal clients to solve business issues.
• Undertake Finance projects, in collaboration with the Enterprise Project Management Office, including development of business cases, project reports and vendor management.
If you have;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and systems, and finance processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets and instruments, and treasury management techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment management operations and products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of market value accounting and financial modelling.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Business/Finance or similar.
- Professional accounting qualification (CA or CPA).
- Minimum 5 years practical accounting systems experience.
Get in touch with the team at MARS Recruitment via applying below or calling (02) 9003 4900