Aboriginal Case Worker - Specialist Homelessness Services
Advertiser: Momentum CollectiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Oct 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to make a real difference in people’s lives? If so, come and join the team at Momentum Collective.
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs in disability, mental health, homelessness, social and affordable housing, domestic violence, child protection and community services. Our mission is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A dedicated and experienced case worker providing responsive, flexible and tailored support to people experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
Working with Momentum means you’ll be part of an organisation which creates positive and lasting change in people’s lives
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a challenging role suited to someone willing to take on a key position in our homelessness service, providing case management and support specialising in Aboriginal Homelessness.
- This position is an identified Aboriginal position and therefore Aboriginality is a requirement of the job as well as cultural association with one or more of the local Aboriginal communities.
- Qualifications in a social science or related field and/or relevant equivalent case worker experience in supporting people experiencing domestic and family violence
- Capacity to develop an understanding of the private rental market and relate to real estate agents and landlords
- Demonstrated experience in case coordination of people with complex support needs
- Understanding of the rights and responsibilities of clients as tenants
- Demonstrated experience and or understanding of Trauma Informed Care
- Demonstrated experience and or understanding of working in a culturally safe environment
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in the areas of negotiation, facilitation, mediation and problem solving
- Current unencumbered Driver’s License
- Current Working With Children check
Interested in this position?
- Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
To view the full position description visit www.mymomentum.org.au.Please hit the apply now button or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area.
For Enquiries: please contact Cheryl on 0488 062 243
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.