Warehouse ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business
Our company is the largest independent European manufacturer of sealants, adhesives and polyurethane foam for professional and private use. With over 3.000 employees and 16 production sites on 4 continents. Continued investments in R&D, a long-term vision for innovation and adaptation to local market requirements are the foundations for our company's excellent performance.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our team. This role will see you managing the Seven Hills warehouse, floor staff. This is an ideal role for someone who is hands on, proactive, self-motivated, inspiring to their team members and leads by example.
- Constructive engagement with internal (regional sales & ops) and external stakeholders (transport providers) through collaboration plans
- Leading Safety & Wellbeing direction and compliance, in particular ensuring chain of responsibility compliance (COR)
- Meeting customer Service Objectives
- Managing inventory by conducting regular and accurate cycle counts and stock takes
- Managing and motivating warehouse staff
- Adhering to WHS procedures and policies and promoting a safe workplace
- Reviewing & Improving Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring Control of Pallets
Benefits and perks
We offer a very competitive salary package and great working environment.
Skills and experience
- Proven track record as a Warehouse Manager/Supervisor and leading a team
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics, Planning and/or Ops preferred
- 10 years industry experience spanning warehousing & transport operations.
- Strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to train and mentor staff
- A valid forklift licence and a current Drivers Licence
- Handling Dangerous Goods Certificate (advantage)
- Demonstrated leadership competency which includes delivering results and meeting KPIs, leading by example and having a hands-on approach
- Experience in implementing and following WHS requirements
- Experience using SAP would be advantageous (currently under implementation)
- Strong communication skills
- Influential skills to foster positive change
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse manager?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?