Print & Finishing - No Experience Needed
Advertiser: Mediapoint Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Pickers & Packers
Are you new to the work force?
Are you looking for a long term career path?
Do you want to step up quickly and be rewarded?
Do you want to be proud about the place you work at and how awesome the equipment is?
Are you hands on but like working with awesome new technology?
Are you more process orientated but get a kick out of creating something cool?
At Mediapoint we are known as having one of the best large format and flatbed printing teams in Australia. We are a small and efficient team which is growing monthly. Over the last 13 years we have developed the Mediapoint way in which we are awesome at what we do. We are always getting new equipment and we have just built one of Victoria's best large format printing facilities. Our processes are envied throughout the industry.
We are looking for potential superstars to join our team. All of our team members have started at the bottom and within a few years have rapidly gained work experience. Our team are also some of the highest paid staff in the industry. Staff that have worked with us for a few years are some of the most sought after in the industry.
We do things very differently at Mediapoint. We rely on our team to make constant improvements to their area and our processes. We will use work time daily to make these improvements.
Right now, we have positions available as:
In this role, you would be operating more than a million dollars in printing equipment. You would be loading sheets on our flatbed printer as well as loading rolls of media on our roll to roll printers. You would need to:
- Keep printing equipment running efficiently with minimal down time
- Keep colour control and also do thorough checking to spot any prepress issues
- Keeping your area clean and tidy
- Regularly maintain printing equipment
- Follow our job board and system and be able to work on your own
- Learn other areas of the business and system
LARGE FORMAT FINISHING
This role is very interesting and very in-demand. Nowhere else with at a company this large will you get to operate a wide range of equipment and learn multiple skills.
- Dispatch Duties
- Packing of Jobs
- Running of Finishing Equipment such as Zund digital cutting table, Fotoba cutters, banner welding, eyelet presses, kiss cut machines and heaps more equipment
- Machine maintenance
- Working to our job board and system independently
- Improving our process and helping make us leaner
To be able to work in our team you must be:
- Highly computer literate
- Mechanically minded and a hands-on person
- Reliable and punctual
- Thrives in working time pressure environment and working on your feet
- Able to lift 15kg
This role is perfect for anyone looking for a new career path or is new to the workforce. We are on the lookout for people with experience as well. We would be looking to start these roles with apprenticeships/traineeships. So you will also get formal training. However, we pay our staff based on output so if you are a good fit you will be rewarded accordingly quicker than your peers.
With this application, we have a questionnaire which is important to fill out. We are looking for the right character and fit and will provide training on the job, so please apply if you think you are suitable. Please follow our process and apply on seek. In-person or phone applications will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What is your current status?
- Where do you currently live?