- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Booktopia is Australia’s largest online bookseller.
In operation since 2004 and Australian owned, Booktopia ships over 5 million items a year throughout Australia and New Zealand with more growth still to come. Our products range from books to DVDs, CDs, maps, eBooks, calendars and other products.
Our aim is to be "Australia's bookstore" and provide our customers with the "best book buying experience".
Booktopia is offering an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team on a permanent full-time basis as an experienced Assistant Accountant based in our Head Office at Lidcombe.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for the effective and efficient management of Accounts Payable, processing of accounting data and performing month-end tasks. Working closely with members of the Finance team, the successful applicant must demonstrate full function knowledge of accounting, specifically Accounts Payable.
Key Duties (include but not limited to):
Reconcile vendors' statement and prepare payment schedules;
Process missing credit notes or invoices accurately and systematically
Liaise with invoices reconciliation team to resolve invoices/credit note discrepancies
Reconcile all Bank Statements weekly / monthly
Incoming payment allocation in the system
Liaise with Customer Service Team to resolve customers’ payment related queries
Month End Accounting & General Journals
Merchant statement reconciliations for all entities and payment gateways
Process Corporate Card transactions and reconciliations
Prepare, process and maintain accrual expense and revenue schedule
Assist in Balance Sheet and General Ledger reconciliations and variance analysis
Prepare ad hoc analytical report as requested from Managers
You will have:-
- Tertiary accounting qualifications
- 3+ years experience in payables, reconciliation and accounting
- Experience in NAVISION or similar accounting software preferable
- Strong understanding of Financial / Management Accounting Principles / Procedures
- Intermediate to Advance proficiency in Excel and MS Office Skills
- Accurate numeracy skills
- Customer focused approach
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet time-critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Does this sound like the role for you?
Come and Join Our Booktopian Team!
Don't delay submit your application today by sending your resume and cover letter in word / pdf format outlining your interest in the role and relevant experience by using the "Apply for this Job"!
Come and be part of our growing successful Australian organisation.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The successful applicant will undergo a criminal record history check as part of the recruitment process.
* You must be an Australian citizen , permanent resident or hold full-time working rights within Australia *
* Please no Recruitment Agencies *
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?