EVENTS & HOSPITALITY STAFF ALL ROUNDER
Advertiser: Hezcheck Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
If you love hospitality, working as team but able to work independently, great with customers and have a passion for events, food, beverage and great service, then we want to hear from you!
About the job:
- Service of coffee, food, cocktails, beer, spirits and wine,
- Work closely with Events team to oversee function shifts (weddings, corporate events, workshops + social events),
- Supervising setup, delivery and pack down of functions and floor shifts as required,
- Supervising events staff in function set up, delivery and customer liaison
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment for our guests and staff,
- Liaise with Kitchen effectively and thoroughly to ensure food is delivered to customers,
- Working alongside the Events Manager
- Adherence to Responsible Service of Alcohol and venue Liquor Licence
- Adherence to OH&S policies and procedures.
- Keeping work areas tidy and general cleaning duties,
- Light administrative duties for functions as depicted by the Events Manager + Coordinator (potential opportunity to grow more admin responsibility with a proven track record, including some aspects of a ‘function sale’)
- Provide hands on support to bistro floor & bar when required (Occasional front of house shifts may be required)
- Answering incoming phone calls and taking restaurant reservations and function enquiries,
- Minimum one year experience in hospitality, supervisor experience very desirable
- Would suit someone looking to continue a career in Hospitality/Event/Function management, or someone studying in the above industries,
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays. You will be rostered over a rotating roster, as required by the business needs,
- Ability to work in a close team environment.
- Three plate carry skills essential,
- Victorian RSA certificate,
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines in a busy working environment.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Shows initiative and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership in a fast paced service and staff supervision.
- A passion for and knowledge of the food, beverage and hospitality industry.
- High standard Personal presentation
- Attention to detail a must.
- Most of all a passion for the industry & happy attitude a must.
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?