- Job Listing Date
- 17 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1100 people throughout Australia. In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we have the GDay Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
About the Park
Our holiday park in Townsville is perfectly located and is a magnificent resort among the palms. Discovery Parks – Townsville also includes the recently acquired Cluden Park Motel Inn.
- Cabins – Deluxe, Superior, Standard and budget options
- Motel Rooms
- Powered and unpowered sites
- Playground, water park and pool.
- Dog friendly park for our furry friends.
- Restaurant, dining area and conference facilities.
This role requires a strong Park/Resort Manager with experience in managing large accommodation properties and F&B management. You will be a hands-on manager, who is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service whilst achieving revenue targets, managing expenses and guiding the day to day work and development of a dedicated team. Most importantly, you will bring with you a passion for the holiday park lifestyle!
This role includes responsibility for:
- Front office administration (experience in Newbook or similar is an advantage)
- Financial management (formulating, assessing and delivering budgets/financial data)
- Sales conversion (both phone and counter) and maximising revenue opportunities
- Staff management, rostering and leadership of a diverse team including administration, housekeeping, grounds and maintenance
- B2B and B2C + Local Area Marketing
- Property operations and housekeeping
- Presentation and maintenance of grounds and facilities
- Project and asset management including Capex
- Recreational services including pool and playground
- Night patrols and after hours call-outs
Skills & Experience
- A focus on providing outstanding customer service
- Target orientated and results driven approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of Yield Management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing WHS responsibilities
- Flexible attitude to work and work hours
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- People Management – lead and manage employees
- Understanding of general property and asset maintenance
- Ability to grow and maintain beneficial business networks
- A hands-on approach to all operational functions
- RMLV and RSA is desirable
- This is a live onsite role and accommodation is included in a competitive salary package.
- Park Manager incentive scheme – earn up to 10% of your salary per quarter
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance and Working With Children's Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.