- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Management & Support
UNIQLO stems from the words ‘unique’ and ‘clothing’ – simple and clever, just like our clothes. Our philosophy is based on the premise of LifeWear: apparel that comes from the Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. Designed to be of the time and for the time, LifeWear is made with such modern elegance that it becomes the building blocks of each individual’s style. A perfect shirt that is always being made more perfect. The simplest design hiding the most thoughtful and modern details. The best in fit and fabric made to be affordable and accessible to all. LifeWear is clothing that is constantly being innovated, bringing more warmth, more lightness, better design, and better comfort to people’s lives.
UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a global brand. Today the company has more than 2,000 stores in 21 markets including Japan. In alphabetical order, the other markets are Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S.
We are looking for a passionate leader that wants to help us change clothes, change conventional wisdom and change the world. This operational leadership position is responsible for day-to-day planning, measuring, and executing service quality and operations for the Australian customer care department. The Customer Care Operations Manager will work closely with front level management, support departments, internal stakeholders and other leaders in support of business needs. They will find ways to improve any service issues gathered from customer feedback and support service improvements based on the customer’s perspective by working together with our local and global teams.
This person will serve as a role model, upholding our values, mission and principles in everything they do.
- Have direct oversight of key performance indicators, customer satisfaction, performance monitoring and associate development/mentoring.
- Help maintain a comprehensive knowledge base library with diverse resources for team members to have at their disposal and to use quickly and effectively to resolve customer issues.
- Help assess standard operating procedures and workflows to identify ways to improve increase customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Help coordinate new program and technology initiatives.
- Leverage data, reporting and analytics to assess operational effectiveness and communicate results to internal stakeholders and business leaders.
- Create associate performance management program and carry out improvement plans as needed.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding Customer Care team members
- Establish team member engagement & incentive program to motivate and maintain a positive, enriching environment
- Troubleshoot and create action plans to quickly and effectively address problem including system and technology outages, site contingency plans and business continuity actions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive operational efficiencies
- Direct and supervise team leaders, providing coaching, mentorship, and development
- Serve as key liaison between the Customer Care in Australian and Japan Headquarters offices to ensure an open stream of communication.
- Serve as the escalation point in resolving urgent or critical customer service issues beyond the scope of a team leader or member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2C retail & e-commerce customer service experience required
- At least 3 years of customer call center experience preferred
- Proven organisational, project management, and analytical skills
- Ability to create strategy and tactical approaches to address issues
- Ability to rapidly acquire a thorough knowledge of processes and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate those processes and procedures and map out actions visually
- Great communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Outstanding organizational, planning and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise multiple issues and produce solutions
- Possess a clear vision and personal drive to optimize business and customer value
- Ability to influence people and performance at all levels of the organization
- Experience with call center phone systems, call routing applications, order management systems, case management systems, chat solutions, social media platforms, in-store pickup functionality preferred
- Ability to manage time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business
- Must be available to work nights, weekend and public holidays
This is a rare opportunity for the right candidate to join a highly reputable global company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a call centre before?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer services manager?