- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Fero Group, a DSI Underground owned company, is one of Australia’s largest, leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of specialist strata reinforcement and support products to the underground coal and metalliferous mining sectors. DSI also provides galvanising and other related services to the mining, civil, marine, commercial, and industrial industries.
With our Asia-Pacific Head Office located in Newcastle, New South Wales, DSI also have major sites in Brisbane and Perth. To ensure efficient supply and technical support across Australia, we also have branch offices and warehouses in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia within the major mining regions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor who possesses a passion for warehousing and is process and procedure driven.
About the role
The Warehouse Supervisor ensures the effective and efficient management of the warehouse and all warehouse related activities. The Warehouse Supervisor will also be responsible for leading and developing their team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Based in Kewdale, Perth and reporting to the Supply and Inventory Manager, the duties and responsibilities associated with this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading of trucks according to work instructions
- Reporting non-conforming products or production procedures to the relevant manager
- Correct picking, packing and on-time delivery of goods as per customer requirements
- Promote and maintain cordial, friendly and professional relationships with customers
- Resolving discrepancies prior to booking in and receiving goods
- Store all material in a correct and safe manner
- Management of external service providers with regards to freight, (un)loading and warehousing
- Prepare and check load sheets, delivery dockets and consignment notes to ensure it meets customer requirements
- Inspect trucks to ensure that all goods as packed correctly, securely and safely as per requirements
- Ensure all drivers sign all necessary paperwork before leaving depot
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily shipments, cycle counts and stocktakes
- Maintain, update and communicate all policies and procedures according to set rules and regulations
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess all the following attributes:
- Logistics and Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Proficient in MS Programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional outlook and demeanour
- Customer focused
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
Additionally, Import and Export experience and knowledge of ERP Systems, in particular Navision and Pronto, will be highly regarded but not essential.
What we offer you
DSI Underground / Fero Group have seen significant changes in recent times, encompassing the merge of people, processes and practices, to develop a culture our current employees are proud to be a part of and we are confident you would be too! We offer:
- An attractive remuneration package with achievable KPIs;
- Opportunity to develop within an expanding and ethical global organisation;
- Professional Development is encouraged and supported;
- Excellent work / life balance; and
- Additional perks and services, including EAP services and more.
DSI is proud to be an EEO employer. We are committed to hiring the best person for the role and organisation in order to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture for all.
Candidates deemed most suitable for this role will be contacted by Human Resources for pre-screening at the earliest opportunity. So apply now!
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact a member of the Human Resources Team via email on email@example.com.