- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- Senior Leaders role
- ASX listed Contractor
- Executive Succession potential
STRONGER VALUES, GREATER RESULTS.
About the Company
Mastermyne are proud to be valued as a trusted contractor in the Australian mining sector and have developed a reputation for setting new benchmarks that create value for our employees, clients, communities and shareholders.
We’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours and we seek out people that share these same values to keep pushing our business forward and growing our 1000+ workforce.
About the Opportunity
The Commercial and Business Analyst Manager is accountable for driving commercial and business strategies that optimise value for Mastermyne and all stakeholders. Working closely with all members of the Executive, this role is a natural successor to the Executive General Manager of Strategy & Growth, to whom they report.
This role demands a visionary, agile, tenacious and strategic thinker to optimise the company’s position while also maintaining relationships. Their decisions and actions supports our Mastermyne Way and their inclusive and supportive leadership style will enable them to grow the capability of others and the overall effectiveness of the company’s commercial function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and securing commercial structures and terms that maximise value and profitability
- Improving the company commercial function, including the well-imbedded contracting pillars
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Reaching diplomatic resolutions of issues and disputes
- Ensuring quality standards, legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Identifying and optimising opportunities and other longer-term strategies to present to the Executive
- Lead and develop the highly capable Commercial and Estimation team and manage outsourced legal advisory
About the Person
You are a senior commercial manager with a proven track record of delivering sustainable and financially responsible outcomes. Ideally you hold experience within a contracting business and are known for your integrity and strong business sense.
You are a creative, strong and authentic leader who is as comfortable presenting to senior corporate managers as engaging with leaders from the frontline. You have a willingness to “roll up the sleeves” when required and thrive in a high energy environment.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit, Mum’s baby bonus & Dad’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties;
- Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350);
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
This is a truly special opportunity to join the Mastermyne family and influence the commercial success of our business, ensuring our sustainability into the future.
Make your mark and do not miss this opportunity to join a company that values its employees, recognises hard work and invests in career development.
Apply online now with an updated Resume and Cover Letter. For further information please contact Cass Mayer on 07 4963 0428.
STRONGER VALUES, GREATER RESULTS
Closing date: 5 pm Friday, 15 November 2019