Application Support Specialist
Advertiser: NewBook - Powering Smart BusinessMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
About the business
Do you find it satisfying to contribute to the success of a team?
Do you get excited about a challenge?
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your current skills and grow in your career?
Then NewBook is the place for you!
NewBook provides award-winning Property Management System software to transform the way the hospitality and tourism industry does business. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we strive to give our clients the very best to help them reach their full potential.
NewBook is experiencing growth and is looking for a development support specialist to join our expanding team.
Based at our Gold Coast head office located on picturesque waterfront in Bundall, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of skilled developers in delivering a fantastic solution to the market, working on our cloud-based software.
Skills and experience
- Experience building web applications using PHP & MySQL.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A great attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Passion for what you do and a thirst for knowledge and continual learning.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide level 3 support to business users and clients.
- Troubleshoot & resolve reported issues.
Carry out frontend and backend development activities
- Communicate complex technical ideas in a way that non-technical people can understand.
- Collaborate with a skilled team of developers and non-technical experts to tackle real-world problems and provide technical solutions.
- Coordinate development and testing efforts with other team members. Assist in production support and troubleshooting.
- Communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers, understanding key stakeholders by being responsive to their needs and impacts to their business.
- Bring a positive attitude and an appetite to challenge yourself.
Benefits and perks
If you're looking to be part of a successful business with a great culture and career opportunities, NewBook could be for you! NewBook has a great team environment that loves having a positive impact on the industry.
With a strong focus on our team culture, you will enjoy the benefits of quarterly team outings and in-office competitions (with prizes) using our basketball and bowling arcade machines.
On offer is a competitive salary and the chance to be part of something BIG!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Which of the following Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a full stack developer?