Business Coach (part-time, work from home, no coaching experience required)
Advertiser: Brokers Profits VaultMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $45,000 - $50,000 + super part-time work from home
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
We are business advisors and coaches who help mortgage professionals in Australia and New Zealand (since 2008). Our mission is to empower mortgage professionals to build their dream business and lifestyle. We do this through our high-level strategy and implementation program for ambitious mortgage professionals, that includes one-on-one advice and coaching, group coaching, online training, resources and live events.
Our team is small and close-knit, consisting of 3 Australian and 1 Filipino staff. We act with integrity in all that we do and value strong relationships built on mutual respect and genuine care for and interest in one another. We share ideas, knowledge and feedback to improve outcomes for our team, our members and their customers. We value learning, seek new ideas and strive to better ourselves. We are personally accountable for our results. We celebrate success and progress. We also like to have fun along the way and love what we do!
Your key purpose as a Momentum Coach, along with the Strategic Advisor, is to support our members to grow their businesses and reach their goals through a direct coaching relationship. The Strategic Advisor is responsible for providing strategic advice and you’re responsible for supporting the member in taking action according to that advice.
You are the members’ key support person and are there to help them follow through and get what they need to get done. You will challenge members and hold them to a higher standard than they hold themselves. You will develop strong relationships with members to understand them and their businesses. Based on company procedures and our coaching framework, you will support members in tracking and analysing key business metrics; reflect on their progress; celebrate wins and workshop challenges. You will help members create monthly action plans and recommend key resources to enable them to implement their Game Plans (a strategic plan developed for each member by the Strategic Advisor). You will help identify opportunities for further development for members and work closely with our Strategic Advisors to keep them updated on member progress and refer back to them when further strategic input is required.
We will train and upskill you to perform this role confidently.
About 65% of your day will be in online meetings directly talking with members. So if you are energised by talking with people and helping them, then this could be for you.
You will have previous success in a professional role (e.g. business, law, media, science, finance, engineering, IT, education, consulting, etc) where you were responsible for delivering results according to specific goals and targets and where you either managed others or worked closely with others as part of a team. You will have proven experience in getting the best out of other people.
You do not need to have experience in coaching or running a business.
You will live in either VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS or SA.
You will be working from home and will need to have a strong, reliable internet connection, and a quiet space to focus.
Your key attributes:
- Good at listening and asking questions to understand people and situations
- Able to analyse numbers, information and workshop solutions
- Able to follow procedures and use technology
- A self-starter who can work remotely (from home)
- Love working with people and helping them – and also confident telling them what they need to hear
- Positive, reliable and punctual
- Willing to learn and upskill
- Hold high standards for yourself and others
- Coaching sessions – one hour per member, once a month.
- Write up and send notes from coaching sessions to members (electronically), plus follow procedures to update team on member progress.
- Extra-support calls – 15 minute check-in calls as needed.
- Extra-support emails – to check in on members, mid-month.
- Post in the member Facebook group – respond to posts, questions and comments from members.
- Attend group member calls (run by others) including Masterclasses and Q&As (1-2 hours per week)
- Attend team meetings - (online) for training, improvement, member updates, etc.
- Liaise with Strategic Advisors to support members as needed.
Other key tasks
- Attend mastermind events – held 3-times per year:
- Travel required away from home from Wednesday afternoon (day before event) to Friday evening (possibly Saturday morning) for each event
- 2020 event dates: March 19-20, July 30-31, Nov 26-27
For the right person there is opportunity to become our Head Coach, to manage the coaching team.
Remuneration and benefits
- 9:30am to 2:30pm per day with 30-minute lunch (5 days per week, Monday to Friday).
- Some flexibility with school holidays, e.g. ability to work longer hours before and after school holidays, to decrease hours during school holidays.
- $45,000 – 50,000 plus super, depending on experience and skills.
- Permanent part-time role (subject to a probation period).
- Work from home. School hours friendly.
- Technology provided including laptop and iPad.
- Full training and systems provided.
- Ideal start date between November 15th and December 1st 2019.
- Travel expenses covered and meals provided for events (3 times per year).
How to apply
Please submit your resume and a quick audio recording (up to 2 minutes) to share why you this would be a great fit for this role - via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th November at 9am AEDT.
Please do not submit via the Seek site as there is no functionality to include the audio recording.
If you’ve got any questions please contact Clare at email@example.com