Part-time Registered Nurse / Clinical Officer - no shift work required
Advertiser: ECHO Community ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Oct 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
ECHO is an independent charity founded in 1982 by local community members.
ECHO's purpose is to enrich the lives of people living independently in their own homes through connection to services and community.
ECHO's values are:
At ECHO we apply the ‘my mum’ standard to everything we do. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘If my mum or dad was a customer, would I be happy with this level of service?’
While the aged care sector has changed a lot and we continue to change with it, for more than 30 years we have stayed true to our original mission.
This role is a genuine opportunity to help shape the culture and direction of a community-based organisation, making a real difference in people's lives.
Working collaboratively with clients, staff and volunteers, this role will provide clinical case management, and develop and maintain policies, systems and processes for clinical governance across the organisation in alignment with ECHO's strategic plan and the five key dimensions of our balanced scorecard:
- Internal process
- Innovation & growth.
The role is offered as a part-time, fixed-term contract for 12 months. ECHO is committed to flexible working and may be willing to negotiate an alternative solution with the right candidate, within the operational requirements of the role.
This role will suit someone who is passionate about continuous process improvement, comfortable with lots of different types of technology, and who is great at getting the best out of other people through influence and interpersonal skills.
Selection criteria are outlined below.
- AHPRA Registered Nurse or equivalent clinical qualification
- Demonstrated ability to apply contemporary evidence-based practice in areas relevant to aged care and disability care
- Ability to contribute to design, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of clinical policies, processes and activities
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills - our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through influence
- Excellent problem solving, judgement and decision making
- Proactive, flexible and agile, manage time effectively and set priorities to achieve results
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel
- Experience in aged care and/or disability
- Experience in quality and continuous improvement processes
- Experience using client management systems
The successful applicant must have a current driver's licence and will be required to provide or obtain a current police clearance.
- Salary packaging
- Supportive and friendly team
- Make a real difference to people's lives
- Help form the culture and direction of the organisation during an exciting period of growth
Applicants are encouraged to provide their CV with a cover letter. The cover letter should be maximum two (2) pages, using bullet points to briefly outline relevant skills / experience in the requirements outlined above.
Please include the details of at least two referees, preferably including at least one recent supervisor. Referees will only be contacted with your permission.
There's no specific closing date for this role, we will begin shortlisting and interviewing right away, so please click the 'Apply for this job' button to lodge your application as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit the ECHO website: www.echocommunity.org.au or contact Jonathan Smith on (08) 9271 7011.
All applicants who request feedback will receive a response.
ECHO embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?