Inventory Control & QA Officer
Advertiser: SD Logistics Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Quality Assurance & Control
Do you want to plan and implement innovative and effective inventory strategies for a multi-tenanted cold storage warehouse? Are you excited by utilising inventory planning and control to maximise sales, margin and turn? As the Inventory Control & QA Officer you will be utilising your inventory experience to help develop and direct an inventory storage and quality control process that helps take our warehouse to the next level.
You are an A-grade player ready to join a winning team, hit the ground running, take ownership and be fully accountable for all aspects of inventory control and quality assurance.
- Strategically plan for inventory placement based on inventory turn.
- Drive consistent inventory process improvement with a focus on efficiency, safety and profitability.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by conducting cycle counts and reconciling variances as needed.
- Create inventory space utilisation plan to reduce waste and improve warehouse effectiveness.
- Communicate/train utilisation plan to warehouse employees.
- Maximise warehouse storage capacity by properly organising pallet locations and floor space.
- Conduct year-end physical inventories for all tenants.
- Identify, segregate and minimise slow moving inventory.
- Co-ordinate product recalls and HACCP plan requirements.
- Investigate inventory issues - quality control and tenant complaints.
- Authorise all inventory adjustments.
- Audit receiving and warehousing procedures to ensure they are efficient, effective and being adhered to.
- Prepare, generate and analyse inventory reports to drive continuous improvement.
- Work together professionally, in a team, with co-workers in warehouse and office environment.
- Communicate and solve problems affecting inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations, including receiving, storage, order fulfilment, shipping and inventory control practices.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - to prioritise and plan under tight deadlines.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results - self-starter, self-directed, team player.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets to drive business decisions.
- Current forklift licence (ideally high reach).
Benefits & Perks:
You'll be joining a privately held, family owned business undergoing exciting change and transformation, preparing to grow and scale. This is both exciting and challenging and you'll be joining a recruit of A-grade players who are all hands-on and ready to take the business to the next level. If you're up for the challenge and ready to bring your A-game, apply to join the team and be part of our success story.
How To Apply:
You'll need to convince us that you're the A-Grade Player we're looking for. If you've got what it takes - send us an up-to-date copy of your CV, together with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and let us take it from there.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?