After-School OSHC Coordinator
Advertiser: Blue Gum Community SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
- Educators and students at Blue Gum Community School love being part of a small community where we explore new experiences together. Being curious, creative, inventive and adventurous are top priorities - for adults as well as children.
- Our in-house Blue Gum Club (BGOSH) offers recreational activities every afternoon after school. During school holidays, our students can also book into full-day activities and excursions.
- Essential attributes of Blue Gum Club Coordinator - high levels of energy; love messy pursuits (& encouraging/leading the cleaning up afterwards!); keen sense of fun; enjoy sharing expertise; skilled at building/negotiating positive relationships with others; can keep on top of paperwork associated with the program. (Bonus - the School Office handles fees, wages etc.) Most importantly, our ideal candidate will value/respect/nurture students' amazing capabilities... as well as support them to work through their challenges!
- Ideally, we are seeking a candidate ready to take on a leadership role, or learn the ropes. Position requires 5 afternoons each week (during school terms); plus full-time during school holidays (but we close for 3 wks @ Xmas).
- Opportunities for additional work during school terms, e.g. learning support or specialist classes, across our school and preschools.
- Experience working with groups of children or young people as a coach, scout leader, outdoor educator etc; &/or expertise in art, drama, dance, music, sport/games, traditional crafts, manual arts, bush/outdoor pursuits... are valued highly at Blue Gum.
- Attractive salary based on experience/expertise alongside leadership/interpersonal skills.
Please visit www.bluegum.act.edu.au for more information about our school's unique approach. See also our Instagram - @blue_gum_community_school
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- What's your highest level of education?