Advertiser: Brooke Withers Swim SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Oct 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $70,000 - $89,999 package dependant on experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Brooke Withers Swim School
Located in Warriewood on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, our trusted premier swim school has been operating for more than 11 years. Brooke Withers Swim School provides a variety of swim programs 7 days a week. We live our values - trust, commitment and respect and are on a mission teach swimming, save lives and build water awareness in the community.
The General Manager has an overall responsibility for the strategic direction and day-to-day management and performance of the Swim School.
With a passion for service and a keen eye for business acumen, this is a role with strong operations focus and many working parts. You will directly manage all facets of the business including revenue management, customer service, HR, business systems, and procurement. You will also be required to have a front line presence on our pool deck during our peak periods of operation in the afternoons & on Saturdays.
Reporting directly to the Business Owner, you will be instrumental in driving changes and improvements in performance and implementing strategies in line with business objectives. We are seeking a true leader who is able to lead, develop and motivate the Senior Management Team, foster a culture of growth and ensure the swim schools success.
- P&L Management & Management Reporting
- Line Manager Snr Staff (4)
- HR Management of all other staff (30+) on-boarding & performance, resource planning (in conjunction with managers)
- Procurement - including pool maintenance, swim school supplies, office supplies, retail stock etc.
- School software vendor and program management
- Fire Warden
Given the nature and operating times of our business, the role requires the following hours:
- Tue 9:30am – 6:00pm
- Wed 9:30am – 6:00pm
- Thu 9:30am – 6:00pm
- Fri 9:30am – 6:00pm
- Sat 7:00am – 1:00pm
- Strong business and financial acumen and a proven track record in growing businesses profitability
- People management and development; including strong leadership & motivational skills.
- Financial management inc. budgets, P&L and reporting
- You will be an experienced professional that is also a ‘hands-on, sleeves-up’ team player
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Swim School industry would be advantageous but not necessary
Application queries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org