- Job Listing Date
- 20 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
Reporting to the Head of Technology (retail), the business analyst role is responsible for eliciting, defining and managing requirements for MetLife’s retail life insurance business. The role has an emphasis on eliciting requirements relating to MetLife’s back-office systems.
- Combine a general knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to deﬁne and document the business requirements, covering
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements development – business and technical; functional and non-functional
- Requirements management
- Drive requirements through epics, user stories, and delivery by scrum
- Support the Product Owner in backlog refinement activities.
- Drive database querying
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between information services teams and the business partner
- Participate in development of business and IT strategic planning
- Communicate business needs with the scrum development team to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gather high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting workshops, and facilitating group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- Interface with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Monitor that solution delivery is meeting expectations
- Support development of a strategic vision
- Support vendor relationships with third-party services providers as they relate to the project / domain
- Participate in the development/maintenance of application portfolio roadmaps
- Develop, shares, and leverages best practices across IT
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for evaluation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Open to working beyond normal hours and with the team in the Sydney office - if a particular delivery or project requires it
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Ability to identify gaps between where we are and where we need to be
- Facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Creative, original thinker, not constrained by status quo, and shows initiative with conceptual intelligence
- Open to giving and receiving direct feedback in an environment where people are encouraged to challenge management
- Capable of understands hardware and system software functions,
- Organizational skills to work with a significant array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- An understanding of personal capacity and ability to articulate in backlog refinement ceremonies, including calling out blockers
- Expertise in SQL database. Sound experience and able to write and analyse complex queries independently.
- Analyse the Correspondence and Policy admin SQL database to solve problems.
- Experience in understanding interfaces between multiple systems to solve problems and suggest solutions.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance business and products
- Exposure to legacy system of record systems
- Experienced in large-scale agile delivery
- Prefer experience in the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence)
Tertiary qualifications preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Great central location
- Fantastic employee benefits including - flexible work arrangements, health & wellbeing allowance, access to corporate discounts through Perks at Work, additional purchased annual leave, super matching and free weekly fresh fruit.
- Access to ongoing professional development, including study support and career progression within a leading global organisation.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 18th November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?