- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Production, Planning & Scheduling
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person’s contributions. We’re happy you’re interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
At Baxter, we know that people are critical to our success. For this reason, we have a highly supportive culture with focus on developing the careers of our people. The company also promotes an environment to allow autonomy, achievement, collegial support and sharing within a rewarding work environment.
Baxter is a global medical products and services company with expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. With approximately 61,500 employees worldwide, it has been a leader in the healthcare industry for more than 80 years.
We lead with insights, ideas and outcomes meaningful to our business success. We are experts in our field and we continue to learn and grow every day. Our way of working is open and collaborative with a focus on building trusted and ongoing relationships with all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director this newly created position will be based at our campus style ANZ Headquarters in Old Toongabbie. Responsible for developing, validating and managing a rolling 24-month consensus forecast for designated product portfolios whilst providing guidance and leadership to the demand & supply team and act as the key intermediary between Sales, Marketing, Supply, Manufacturing and Finance key stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Coach, mentor and manage team of Demand & Supply Planners
- Accountable for accuracy of ANZ planning parameters (e.g. safety stock levels) in Rapid Response planning system
- Manage escalation of demand/supply issues from planners and ensure resolution
- Manage relationship with Commercial and Supply Chain partners
- Drive process standardization and simplification across all Business Units
- Lead innovation in demand and supply processes to support improved internal and external customer satisfaction
- Own and chair local ANZ Sales & Operation Planning processes
- Review Cluster/Country analysis & reports prepared by Planners
- Effectively manage inventory to minimize write-offs and work with other Supply Chain partners to ensure inventory levels meet demand and target service levels
- Communicate with Network Planners to monitor delivery pipeline
- Support Demand & Supply Planners in collaboration with local teams & stakeholders to manage supply risks & Issues.
- Support Country/Cluster Financial processes
- Manage Product lifecycle activities
Your outstanding communication, eye for detail and sound analytical ability will be the key to your success in this role, as you leverage your highly developed relationship building & interpersonal skills, combined with your extensive Demand & Supply Planning experience to influence cross-functional teams and lead consensus-based decision-making.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years of Supply Chain & planning experience
- Mastery in planning concept with hands-on experience in multiple planning (ERP) systems and interfaces
- Working knowledge of inventory management
- Working knowledge of demand forecasting and supply planning processes
- Leadership and business acumen within a corporate environment
- Proficient in English Language
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Supply Chain/Logistics Management is preferred
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification highly desirable
- Six Sigma Belt certification
- Experience in Healthcare industry
- Cross-regional experience
If you are passionate about being part of a company that is truly making a meaningful difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW. Applications close 31st October 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.