Junior Office Assistant
Advertiser: Profile of DesignMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About Profile of Design
Do you want to work somewhere where you can make a real difference to the circular economy?
Profile of Design (POD) is a sustainable commercial interiors business.
We design, fit-out and de-fit commercial interiors for top tier construction companies, government, and commercial enterprises across a variety of industries. We also supply quality new and recycled commercial furniture that is built to last.
When designing our interiors, we help clients select fit-for-purpose furniture resources from a wide range of new and recycled furniture. We believe in being true custodians of the furniture that we sell, so we promise to recycle back all furniture that we supply. We then re-purpose and re-use that furniture multiple times, saving it from becoming landfill.
POD is a vibrant, fun, agile organisation, full of passionate people who care about making a difference, and who want to work hard to achieve all that we set out to do.
This is an ideal entry level role to POD, with the potential to progress within the business for the right candidate.
You’ll be an integral part of the office, keeping it tidy, well stocked and running smoothly, and you will have the opportunity to interact with other team members in sales, production, admin and finance. You could potentially grow into an EA role, sales support, or a finance role, depending on your aptitude and passions.
Duties will include:
- Answering incoming phone calls and assisting with general enquiries
- Managing info@ account, ensuring emails are forwarded to the correct team member
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the office
- Keeping kitchen and all shared office areas neat and tidy
- Being responsible for ensuring kitchen and office supplies are well stocked
- Being responsible for managing the cleaners and our rubbish and recycling services
- Being responsible for managing our in-house samples library
- Being responsible for physical mail collection and distribution
- Scanning and filing documents as required
- Credit card receipt processing
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Enthusiasm, proactive thinking and sense of humour a must!
To fit in at POD you’ll be great at prioritising your time, you’ll prefer variety in your work, you’ll enjoy a fun workplace environment, and you’ll be someone who wants to learn something new every day.
This is a great entry level role for the right candidate, with plenty of options to grow with the company.
If you love interiors and administration, care about making a difference to our environment, and think you have what it takes to fill this role, we'd love to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How would you rate your English language skills?