Customer Service and Member Satisfaction AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Fitness & Personal Training
About the Role
We are looking for a highly self motivated fitness professional with excellent customer service skills to provide support and administration to the existing team. The brand-new club has a gymnasium and an indoor heated pool. The role is a casual position, with a set roster, available for an immediate start.
The hours for this role: Casual for up to 20 hrs per week when required.
Wednesday 5pm – 8.30pm
Saturday 3pm – 8.30pm
Public Holidays 10am – 5pm
Other hours as required
Training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required by any successful candidate.
Certificate 3 in Fitness is required
Aqua or lifeguard qualifications highly desirable
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the general operation and maintenance of the gym and pool in accordance with legislative and OH&S requirements
- Assist in the management of all maintenance tasks in a timely and efficient and manner
- Enforcement of Club rules and guidelines
- Member inductions (Cert 3 fitness candidates only)
- Participation in community initiatives and events
- Effectively work and communicate with all key stakeholders
Skills and experience
The successful candidate would have the below key traits and skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Methodical, process driven
- Excellent attention to detail and solution focused individual
- Individually motivated to work for long periods of time by themselves
- Highly proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated documentation writing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Be able to perform both the management and hands-on physical aspects of the job
The below skills and traits are highly desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferentially in an OC environment
- Plant and equipment management
- Pool operations experience
- Exposure to security and surveillance systems
- Pool safety and rescue experience
- First aid (including CPR) qualification
It is an expectation of the employer that if the successful candidate does not have these highly desirable skills and qualifications, that they will be willing to undertake training.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer service assistant?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Have you completed a qualification in fitness?