Outbound Team Leader - Night Shift
Advertiser: Hilton Foods AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Team Leaders/Supervisors
Hilton Foods Australia is part of the Hilton Food Group based in the UK, with meat manufacturing plants throughout the UK, Western & Central Europe and Australia.
Hilton is a dynamic & progressive business with a strong reputation for quality & innovation within the fresh food industry.
Hilton invests heavily in all its facilities to maintain the state of the art levels required to service its customers' growth. We progressively extend the range of products supplied to customers, deliver first class service levels & continually increase production efficiency. Hilton continues to grow through additional volumes and close cooperation with our retail partners.
Hilton Foods Australia has a long term partnership with Woolworths Limited, to supply Woolworths Supermarkets with packaged and value-added meat product. Working together, we focus on strengthening our world class meat offer in Australia, by delivering affordable, innovative and convenient protein choices to customers.
Here's a taste of what you’ll be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics Team Leader to join the HFA Team! Based at our Truganina Facility, the Logistics Team Leader will co-ordinate with all associated parties to deliver high quality consumer retail ready products in a safe and timely manner. The Logistics Team Leader will lead our team members that are directly involved in the movement and storage of goods through the supply and distribution process.
- Manage team members to meet warehouse KPIs and achieve operational targets
- Rostering and delegation of allocated tasks to team members to ensure effective use of time and capability
- Delivery to internal and external end customers of goods or information, within a timely manner whilst maintaining accuracy
- Adhere to Business Standards
- Understanding of warehouse budgets, forecast and benefits and drive the team to reduce costs
- Provide input and support / guide implementation of Safety & Wellbeing initiatives and improved work practices (SWATS)
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company safety policies and procedures whilst adhering to, and applying them
- Communicates clear directions to ensure team members understand their tasks and correct procedures and processes
- Provide training and coaching to team members in operating procedures, including compliance with safety procedures
- Monitors performance objectives and metrics and makes changes to resources as required
- Ensures effective team operation through recruitment, monitoring performance and developing capability
- Manage team member’s performance and deals effectively with grievances
- Manages administrative tasks to ensure information is collected and reported
- Coordinates effectively across the Logistics teams to identify and resolve issues
- Coach and mentor team members and provide them guidance with clear succession plans
- Passion, drive and resilience to be part of a team to deliver the most efficient, cost effective solutions within Logistics / Supply Chain
The ingredients for success
- Extensive experience in FMCG, Manufacturing or Logistics/ Supply Chain operations
- Preferably an understanding of automation/robotics
- Significant experience in a Logistics Team Lead role
- An understanding of Safety & Wellbeing issues and Quality principles
- The ability to identify and solve problems
- Sound system knowledge
- Organisation skills and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Has the ability to be 'hands on' and outcomes focused
- A great people leader with excellent communication and listening skills
- Preferably has an understanding of Lean Manufacturing or/and Six Sigma principals
What’s on Offer
Hilton Foods is a fast paced, constantly changing business that focuses on your talents and challenges you to perform at your best. As a team, we are bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to delight our customers.
We look for people who can hit the ground running, devour new challenges, and generate innovative ideas with passion and enthusiasm!
The pace of our business has made it a gathering place for passionate and talented people. In this environment, team members draw the motivation, focus, determination and personal growth required to achieve more, faster!
If this is the role for you, please submit a cover letter and resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?