Housing Support Worker
Advertiser: Windana Support Centre IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Windana Support Centre is a refuge that provides crisis support and accommodation to women and children escaping domestic and family violence. We are seeking a Housing Support Worker to assist women and children to obtain secure and sustainable housing outcomes and to maintain tenancies and properties in the refuge.
The successful applicant will have:
- A sound knowledge of the social, community and private rental housing sectors and be able to support clients to navigate the housing system to achieve their long term housing goals
- demonstrated ability to be able to work effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- well developed oral and written communication skills
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaboration with other relevant community and government organisations
- demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Due to the nature of the services provided by Windana Support Centre Inc, we adopt Section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 which enables the service to employ women only on the basis of 'genuine occupational requirements'.
Apply for this position by emailing email@example.com and an application package will be sent to you. Applications are to be received no later than Friday 1st November 2019.
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?