In House LawyerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
Headstart is one of the largest toy companies in Australia. We supply the major retail agents and we develop toys under our brands such as Ooshies, Baby Secrets and Best Furry Friends as well as under license from Marvel, DC, Disney, Dreamworks, WWE, TMNT, Sesame Street and Care Bears.
We are seeking a part-time In-house Lawyer to support our company across a wide variety of areas.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contract drafting,
- Supporting the HR team with employment matters
- Supporting the Finance team with AR matters
- General company matters such as leases, service agreements, employment contracts;
- Managing external legal providers
- IP support to the businesses (copyright, trademarks, material review)
- General commercial legal support
- Legal training for the operational businesses
- Identifying and advising on legal risks
- Tertiary qualifications – Bachelor of Law and hold a current practising certificate
- Five years post admission experience
- You will work relatively autonomously and deal closely with all areas and levels of the organization.
- A willingness to be involved in a variety of matters and an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Experience in drafting legal documents and contracts
It’s also helpful to have:
- A superior knowledge of word and excel
- Experience working in-house
- Experience in employment, IP, data privacy and consumer law
- Experience with legal matters in the UK, EU or USA.
- Must have full Australian work rights
So if you are motivated and keen to work in a small dynamic team environment, send us a resume that will "STANDOUT".
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- Have you completed a qualification in law?