AO6 Senior Engagement Officer
Advertiser: HudsonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Up to $59.95 p.h. + Super
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
Our client is a leading Queensland State Government Department looking for a fantastic Senior Engagement Officer to join their team for a short term contract from the end of October to beginning of December
You will be part of a supportive and respectful workplace culture and gain skills and experience to enhance your career! You will also get all the benefits that come with being a Hudson Contractor!
Commencing shortly at the AO6 level, this role has an hourly rate of $59.95/h + Super and based in Berrinbah, Logan. If you have the required skills and experience and are eager to commence this great opportunity, APPLY NOW because we need to hear from you ASAP!
As an Senior Engagement Officer, you will get to
- Develop and oversee community and stakeholder engagement campaigns, including the preparation of engagement plans from inception to approval, implementation and evaluation.
- Undertake independent activities and use discretionary judgement to ensure program deliverables are achieved in terms of stakeholder relationships.
- Escalate complaints and identify reputational risks and issues in relation to potentially sensitive matters and circumstances.
- Communicate with community groups, organisations and government agencies providing authoritative advice to stakeholders.
- Directly manage and delegate responsibilities to team members to ensure stakeholder engagement objectives are achieved.
- Undertake multiple-audience or broad-scope stakeholder analytics and audience segmentation research under limited guidance. Apply research findings to contribute to the evaluation and strategic planning of engagement programs that effectively target specific or broader stakeholder groups or issues.
- Negotiate and communicate with designated stakeholder groups on behalf of the program within department guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of team planning processes and the maintenance and evaluation of policies, procedures and systems needed to ensure effective stakeholder engagement practices and outcomes across the program.
While we are deciding if you’re the right person for the job, you’ll be assessed on the following key capabilities that relate to the above tasks you will do:
- Shapes and supports strategic thinking
- Cultivates productive working relationships
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Develops people and organisational capability
- Manages operational risk effectively
- Engages stakeholders and fosters stakeholders’ capability
It will be highly regarded if you have:
- A job relevant qualification from a recognised institution would be highly regarded
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary stakeholder engagement strategies and methodologies, including experience using interactive public engagement platforms
- Demonstrate having completed training in AIP2 engagement modules
- Have provided leadership to a team in the Queensland Government
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please use the link below. Job reference number: 4A/23724.
Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted. At this stage, we will not be accepting calls regarding this job advert. Please apply via the link to be considered.