Advertiser: SMCTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Part time permanent guarantee of 34 hours a week
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Customer Facing
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) is a community based, not-for-profit organisation, committed to serving the needs of our communities with a vision to empower all to honour and celebrate life. Caring for nine historic and iconic sites within the south eastern corridor utilising over 300 staff to provide premium customer service.
About the Role
This is a diverse, active customer facing role that requires you to think on the spot quickly and effectively. You will need to manage tight service schedules whilst orchestrating the logistics of multiple services at the same time. You will be seen as a calm operator who can communicate effectively with your team to ensure people and services run uninterrupted.
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Leader of Funeral Services, this role will be responsible for ensuring the smooth coordination of all burial, cremation and memorial services with Funeral Directors and visitors.
- Act as a brand ambassador by modelling the SMCT values
- Greet all service stakeholders, assisting them with timely and compassionate care
- Ensure service schedules are being adhered to by Funeral Directors
- Complete administration in accordance with guidelines
- Lead in escorting the mourning entourage to the appropriate locations
- Prepare rooms and special requirements
- Test all IT equipment and set up media presentations for services
- Generate service commemorative footage
Key Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced customer service or functions environment
- Expertise communicating with a broad range of customers, with the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to meet policy, procedures and guidelines
- Team player that is flexible and agile
- Tech savvy, pro-active with attention to detail
- Willing to work across a multi-site 7 day rotational roster
- Be at ease working within a sensitive and grieving environment
What we can offer you
SMCT places great emphasis on employee engagement as we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. Employees have access to the following benefits:
- Regular employee events
- Free Onsite parking
- Dedicated discounted employee cafe
- Employee discounts at our onsite florist
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance & Well-being Programs
Our PRIDE core values represent who we are and what we expect of one another.
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) is an equal opportunity employer.
Hit the 'APPLY NOW' button to submit your current resume to our recruitment team.
In order to be the successful applicant, you must satisfy a National Police Check and a medical.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How Do you rate your technology skills?