IT Systems Administrator
Advertiser: EurofinsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- $80,000 - $94,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
About the business
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 sites across 47 countries, employing about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins IT Infrastructure provides IT support for all Eurofins sites through an IT Service Desk and IT Operations teams.
About the role
The IT Systems Administrator works within the Eurofins ANZ Operations Team, managing the majority of ICT hardware and systems for multiple Eurofins businesses across Australia and New Zealand, and acts as a Level 2/3 resource for our Service Desk.
Eurofins is a fast-growing company so the Systems Administrator will be periodically called upon to participate in M&A projects that will provide opportunities for travel, experience and career growth.
- Plan, prioritise and manage changes to IT infrastructure;
- Assist APAC and global Eurofins teams to plan and execute local or regional projects;
- Pursue solutions to increase productivity and performance of Eurofins' businesses and IT systems;
- Level 2/3 escalation contact for the AU/NZ Service Desk;
- Support and train IT Field Service Agents on relevant tasks;
- Plan and execute the transition process for newly-acquired Eurofins businesses;
- Adoption and adherence to IT Group standards and security rules;
Skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware components and troubleshooting;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft OS (Windows XP / 7 / 10, Server 2012 / 2016);
- Sound knowledge of networking (switches, routers, firewalls, WAPs, VLANs);
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to build and manage SOPs, business cases and project plans;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or equivalent in relevant IT field (focusing on IT Hardware, Systems Adminstration or Networking) and at least 3 years' relevant industry experience, or;
- Diploma or equivalent in relevant IT field (focusing on IT Hardware, Systems.Adminstration or Networking) and at least 5 years' relevant industry experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?