Ophthalmic Technician Optical Dispenser
Advertiser: Hannaford EyewearMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Southern Highlands & Tablelands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Optical
Hannaford Eyewear is a multi-award winning practice located in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Bowral is a 45 minute drive from Western Sydney and offers an idyllic country lifestyle with the cosmopolitan flair of Sydney. Our practice provides full scope services including specialty optical lens services, paediatrics and sports vision in addition to general optometry. The owners are active within the industry in the fields of education and professional advocacy.
The recent developments in ophthalmic science has expanded the boundaries of what we provide to patients in ophthalmic and optometric care. As such, the practice requires a full time ophthalmic/vision science technician with a background in vision science/ophthalmic optics to ensure the operations of the practice continues to maintain its standards of excellence in its service to the local community.
The ideal applicant will be a recent graduate or will be a graduate of a university degree in vision science preferably from a school of optometry or orthoptics. However, a candidate from a health science background such as nursing would also be encouraged to apply. Those with a background in optical dispensing who are happy to be mentored, up skilled and demonstrate they can apply knowledge and techniques acquired are welcomed to apply.
- Assist the optometrist with using ophthalmic equipment such as a visual field analyser, OCT, wide field imaging and dry eye therapy
- Understanding of ophthalmic instrumentation, their purpose and limitations
- Ability to triage
- Ability to conduct generalised patient history and symptoms
- Conduct basic entrance tests
- General knowledge of contact lenses and teaching insertion/removal and lens care and maintenance
- Ability to dispense low vision aids
- Interpret optical prescriptions
- Provide multiple solutions in dispensing lenses, contact lenses and other vision solutions to meet all the eye care needs of patients
- Ability to troubleshoot complex ophthalmic optics cases
- Assist with vision therapy
- Lens fitting and repairs
- Dispensing lenses, frames, contact lenses and other eye wear
- Spectacle frame stylist
- Administration such as Medicare, DVA and ophthalmology reporting
- Cash handling
- Assist in clinical scientific research
Full training will be provided under the Academy of Advanced Ophthalmic Optics graduate program for the successful applicant to help them develop into their role at the practice and meet the above key responsibilities.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Proven ability to dispense whilst delivering exceptional customer service
- Superior problem solving skills
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Optical experience even if it's at an undergraduate level
- Ability to handle complaints and queries in a professional and helpful manner
- Professionalism and excellence in communications
- A passion for helping people
Jim Collins once said "great vision without great people is irrelevant". Be a part of this great vision and help Hannaford Eyewear achieve its ongoing goal of excellence in eye care and eyewear by applying today. Please include a cover letter stating why you wish to apply for the position. All applications are to be emailed to email@example.com
Individual Fit Premium Care Hannaford Eyewear
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience making repairs and adjustments to glasses frames?
- Have you completed a qualification in optometry / vision science?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?