Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
Advertiser: Baileys Diesel GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
- 2 positions available
- Opportunity to work for the leading and largest fuel injection company in Australia
- Full-Time vacancy available after completing a successful mandatory probationary period
This role is a great fit for you if…
You are currently undertaking gaining qualifications in the diesel mechanic field and you must have the following capabilities:
- A commitment to continuous learning and development in diesel fuel injection systems (Common Rail & Non-Common Rail)
- Ability to use a scan tool efficient and the tuning of non-common rail Diesel engines
- Well presented with professional level of client service skills
- Have a high attention to detail
- Embrace the opportunity to learn from the industry's best diesel fuel injection technician's & team members
- Display capability to focus on diesel fuel injection system and research & development projects
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- To acquire and retain a Current NSW Driver’s License
- Display capacity to work effectively and efficiently and strive to make a difference
You are developing the knowledge and ability to perform work allocated in the BDG vehicle workshop. You also have well developed verbal, written communication and numerical skills and can undertake quality assurance functions for the critical feedback and reporting to BDG Management Team
In this role you will:
You will strive to produce high quality work in a busy work environment by adhering to correct procedures in a safe and efficient manner and actively participate in a research and development environment. You will develop the knowledge and ability to perform work across other business streams including dispatch logistics and other areas of production work.
Actively contribute to the outputs to meet all business objectives and requirements.
Provide a high level of professionalism to contribute to a culture of alignment to BDG objectives, where you will ensure a priority of client service and maintain the BDG standards.
In 1972, Gregory Bailey started a diesel fuel injection repair business in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Today, CEO Stephen Bailey provides all innovation, improvements and direction of all products including research and development within the Baileys Diesel Group.
With over 47 years expertise and knowledge the Baileys Diesel Group is an industry world leader, #1 diesel combustion efficiency and technology. We actively participate in servicing, maintaining and improving industrial, rail, marine, mining, off- highway and on-road vehicles.
Baileys Diesel Group operates from Baileys Diesel Technology Centre in Wollongong New South Wales. This is a state of the art, 1500m² all-inclusive facility south of Sydney, New South Wales. The Baileys Diesel Group also operates a satellite office in Perth, Western Australia.
Baileys Diesel Group focus is on reducing the fuel expended during combustion, therefore reducing the carbon footprint by actively participating in reducing greenhouse gases and emissions, other benefits include reducing overall costs, down time and engine maintenance.
We are aligned with views of United Nations 2030 Agenda and commitment to reduce these international emissions targets.
The Baileys Diesel Group clearly knows our purpose; to serve our clients by the ability to compare, improve measure and validate to international standards. We deliver quality results and superior client service in everything we undertake.
To assist clients to reduce all fuel consumption by applying efficient diesel combustion whilst reducing carbon emissions, and therefore reducing environmental and social impacts.
Environmental: actively reduce greenhouse gases and emissions
Ethical: consistent application of strong moral and ethical principles
Commitment: measure, compare, improve and validate
Efficiency: innovate in all areas of development, technology and manufacturing
Operations: support sound project management and methodology principles
Baileys Diesel Group is proudly #1 in combustion efficiency. We provide quality diesel performance products and solutions with stringent quality assurance, and a focus to enhance Sustainable Development goals.
BDG offer employees an interesting, challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to work independently whilst enjoying the benefits of a large organisation. BDG is committed to supporting the successful candidates with on-going training and development for career progression.
All tools and PPE boots, BDG shirts (also BDG uniform dry cleaned) are supplied, we also offer a staff purchase policy on BDG products and vehicle shop repairs.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit:
- Your resume (max 5 pages), referencing relevant experience, credentials and supporting documentation
- ‘Claim for the position’ (max 2 pages)
Job Grade / Classification:
Total Remuneration Package: to be discussed at interview, specific to candidate
Please note Pre-employment checks may include:
- Appropriate fitness assessment and medical according to the role
- criminal record check
- 100 point identity check
- BDG will seek confirmation on claims made in submitted applications
Location: BDG Head Office,1/244 Nolan Street Unanderra NSW 2526
BDG Welcome queries:
Should you have any queries about the role, or, for assistance on how to apply, please contact:
Applications close: 11:59 pm on Monday 4 November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a diesel mechanic?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?