Advertiser: RSC DieselsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Oct 2019
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the business
RSC Diesels Cairns is the home of Scania Trucks for Far North Queensland. We also are the dealers for Allison transmissions and the extensive range of Donaldson Filtration and parts. We service substantial commercial, transport and other distribution fleets within the region.
We pride ourselves on customer service and invest in maintaining our leading edge in service to all our clientele.
We recognise that our people are our greatest strength and are critical to our success. Joining our team will reward you in many ways as we genuinely care about our people, our region and especially our customers.
About the role
We are looking a candidate who fits our culture and will work well within our small team of technicians, apprentices, parts interpreters and overarching management within our Cairns based Fleet Service Workshop. We require this person to demonstrate excellent interpersonal management skills as well as practical logistics in working independently to oversee the running of day to day processes within the service department as well as managing work flow for our team of technicians. You will build and maintain a skilled and procedure driven routine. This person brings to the table extensive experience in a similar role. A cool and calm personality committed to rational thinking will excel in this position. Excellent general mechanical knowledge is mandatory. Whilst being ‘hands on” the managerial nature of this role does require proficiency in computer-based processes and reporting, as well as strategic decision making.
- Experience in a similar position (2 years preferred)
- Exposure to our Industry with service work for heavy commercial vehicles advantageous.
- Proven skills in liaising, delegating and managing within a workshop team and clientele base essential.
The key criteria for this role include:
- Ability to plan, implement and manage the flow of work throughout the workshop while also working alongside qualified tradesmen
- Ability to maintain and improve the company's high service standards together with positive customer communications
- Ability to meet stringent monthly KPI’s and tasks.
- Current Australian HR or relevant licence
- Excellent safety attitude and processes
- Medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
What’s in it for you…
- This a permanent role with immediate start for the right applicant to move into a key role within our reputable organisation with long-term job security.
- Attractive remuneration salary (reflective of qualifications, previous experience and skills)
- Work in a fully supportive environment where you will have autonomy & responsibility
- Ongoing training and qualifications can be offered to enhance your role.
- Work/life balance conducive to supporting family life with weekends free throughout the year.
Situated in the heart of the Cairns Industrial area, we enjoy everything the region has to offer regarding a laid-back family friendly lifestyle. We have the reef and the rainforest at our doorstep here in Cairns. There are many quality activities accessed within a short drive as well as fishing (freshwater & saltwater) boating and 4wding being very popular in the region.
For a confidential discussion or for more information or a copy of the position description please call Ross Nucifora on 0447 671 331.
OR APPLY NOW VIA SEEK
Only Australian citizen's or those with permanent residency need apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service adviser?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?