- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $90K - $100K + Super & Discretionary Bonus
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Data Processors is a data centric research & technology services company with a strong engineering culture & freedom to explore new technologies. We are a world-class provider of financial statistical modelling. And offer unbeatable employee conditions & benefits.
We are seeking talented developers with the desire & willingness to solve problems of importance to business outcomes with a dedicated & professional outlook on software development processes.
You will specialise / have desire to learn:
- Development of Big Data / High Performance Computing platforms
- Programming in distributed computing & cloud-based environments
You must possess:
- Bachelors in software engineering, comp.
science or info.systems.
- Software development experience with:
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum).
- Unit testing frameworks (e.g, JUnit, NUnit or PyUnit).
- Build systems (e.g. Jenkins or Bamboo).
- Proficiency in
- Any programming/scripting language (C/C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Delphi).
- Bug/defect tracking systems & source control tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, Subversion and Git).
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to think independently, act quickly & refocus.
- A strong & proven desire to learn more effective & efficient ways of working.
- Commitment to projects inc. post-implementation.
- Self-motivation, pro-activeness & strong organisational skills.
The following would be highly regarded
- Masters or PhD.
- TCP/IP and web technologies.
- CUDA / OpenGL programming.
- Distributed computing / multi-threaded programming.
- Exposure to XML / JSON data structures & constructs.
- Experience in quality assurance activities (e.g. peer review) & testing processes.
- Hands-on testing experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Proficiency with no-SQL (e.g. MongoDB) & SQL (e.g. Oracle) database query tools, e.g. PL/SQL, MS SQL and/or Cache.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?
- Please state length and type of experience with all of the following programming languages C/C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Delphi:
- Please state length and type of experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, NUnit, and/or PyUnit:
- Please state length and type of experience with build systems such as Jenkins and/or Bamboo: