- Job Listing Date
- 22 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Actuarial
Actuarial Analyst Asset Liability Management Description of AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance
About the Team
The Group Actuarial team is part of the Finance function and includes the Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Treasury team. The ALM team focuses on the ALM for the Insurance business unit but may consider issues across the entire AMP Group. The Actuarial Analyst ALM role reports to the Head of ALM & Treasury.
About the role
The role of the Actuarial Analyst Asset Liability Management (ALM) will support the (ALM) and Treasury team members.
More specifically your main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Monitoring & executing, via external partners, asset liability management strategies in line with approved policies and frameworks for Amp Life (including Wealth Protection products, Annuities, and Participating Business portfolios);
- Providing quantitative analysis and commentary for inclusion in management, committee and Board reporting;
- Supporting various industry survey and regulator reporting requirements;
- Assisting with development, maintenance and control of a number of complex spreadsheet and stochastic models
- Opportunity to support treasury function work including exposure analysis, liquidity risk management, derivatives management, and managing relationships with credit rating agencies;
What we look for in you
- Ideally at least 3 years industry experience would generally be expected for this role.
- Experience in and knowledge of the financial services industry and actuarial techniques.
- Working towards completion of actuarial studies.
- Understanding of and experience in some or all of the following will be looked upon favourably
- The wealth management and life insurance industries
- Structured products, guarantees and derivatives
- Asset liability mismatch risks, and the approaches to their measurement and management
- Stochastic and deterministic valuation methodologies and tools used to perform projections e.g. Prophet, Excel, Java
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life