Content Editor, Livewire
Advertiser: Livewire MarketsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
“Livewire is well known to be the first thing brokers and advisers read on the way into work.” ~ Chris Donohoe, Seed Partnerships
Livewire is the home of successful investors and the go-to website for accessing insights from Australia’s best fund managers and investment professionals. With regular input from all major players in the industry, and partnerships with Australia’s largest financial players including Bloomberg, IRESS, AFR, we empower over 150,000 investors to make confident and informed decisions about their wealth.
In our first five years, we’ve been awarded ‘Startup of the Year’ at Tankstream Labs and ‘One to watch’ by KPMG Best of Global FinTech, and have rapidly grown from a startup to become Australia’s fastest-growing investment insights website with the highest user engagement levels in the industry.
We are an innovative, successful and well-funded business focused on constant innovation and development of our content, partnerships and advertising opportunities. Now, we are looking for someone to help us drive Livewire’s content to the next level.
Who we are looking for:
You’ll be passionate about investing and have the experience and confidence to deliver pioneering content of the highest quality to a sophisticated, influential, large and fast-growing readership.
You’ll be responsible for further evolving our content mix by identifying and executing on new angles. In your application we’ll expect to see evidence of:
- A strong understanding of financial markets as well as the literature and lexicon
- Experience in reviewing and summarising complex financial concepts
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills
- Your enthusiasm for continual learning
- A goal-focused mentality and the tenacity to complete tasks
What we expect of you:
We’ve built a high-performance culture and work hard to achieve results. In addition to delivering industry-leading content, you’ll be responsible for:
- Staying on top of industry news, trends and opportunities
- Reviewing and refining the content calendar
- Sub-editing articles to meet our editorial guidelines
- Translating video interviews with leading fund managers into articles
- Delivering background research
- Creating and launching new content initiatives
- Laying out and proofing the Livewire newsletter
You’ll be working within an experienced, cohesive and successful team, and share their genuine passion for democratising market insights to help our readers become more informed and confident investors.
About our team:
We work in a cut-throat industry, but that is the converse of how Livewire operates. You’ll have the support and guidance of an outstanding team who share a common purpose and truly live our values of trust, openness, togetherness and growth.
You’ll get to know everyone including the founders, be part of a culture of mutual respect and help us support several great charities. We have a defined five-year plan in place and ensure that everyone is clear on what they need to do and what it means for their career.
The future is bright for Livewire. If it sounds like a future that you’re after, please send us a short note and your CV. Thank you
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?