NSW Operations Manager
Advertiser: Survitec GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
Survitec is the parent company of such famous brands as Crewsaver, Yak Adventure Equipment, RFD and many more, presenting market leading product and service solutions to the marine, outdoor adventure, Defence, energy, civil and government sectors.
Survitec has a long and established history of providing quality products, world class leading brands and services and is now positioned for further expansion. Their success has been achieved through a combination of best in class survival technology and safety solutions, innovative product development and an experienced and highly customer focused team of professionals.
Survitec is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic NSW Operations Manager to join our team at our Sydney site.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for implementing strategic plans to increase the efficiency, effectiveness and oversee the safe running of the service and operational activities of Survitec in Sydney.
The NSW Operations Manager will also be responsible for the Profit and Loss performance of the service operations of Survitec NSW and for the development of efficient processes and systems of management of the operations.
Duties will include but will not limited to:
- Establishment and improvement of core operational processes covering the entire service operations, including product and service sourcing, engineering, assembly, service and delivery.
- Management of all service network operational functions.
- Management of all centralized operational functions including quality assurance.
- Cost reduction through efficiency and process improvements.
- Cost reduction through the implementation of a ‘Continuous Improvement’ methodology, based on LEAN principals, to identify and reduce waste throughout the business, which involves all personnel across the business.
- Development of collaborative Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes to ensure that the company has ‘the right part, in the right place, at the right time and at the right cost’, and to ensure that the service network is continually developed to ensure that capability is available in line with the growth strategy for the business.
- Preparing strategies and plans for the development of the service facilities and other functions in support of the development and growth strategy for the company, including planning for and submitting capital expenditure requests and plans.
- Preparation of budgets for all departments and service facilities.
- Continued compliance with all quality assurance and other external and internal certification requirements to ensure the ongoing operation of the business.
- Establishment of new service facilities in line with the growth strategy for the company, and integration of the operations of acquired businesses as required.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing, planning and reporting on work output.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of Management System and/or Continuous Improvement-related projects; and experience in resolving complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience and abilities to effectively influence the output of many employees including management of cross- functional teams by providing leadership, coordination, consultation, coaching and motivation to deliver desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing, maintaining and continuously improving an integrated management system.
- Experience in the preparation of plans.
- Influencing skills, the ability to convince others as to the merit of an idea or proposal, to be able to sell the Survitec product and service range.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks while maintaining a consistently high quality of work.
- Extensive knowledge of current managerial philosophy, quality management, continuous improvement, change management and a demonstrated ability to apply them in a manner which leads to the accomplishment of organizational values and business plan goals.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated success at building and maintaining effective relationships with key people and team members, recognizing and resolving conflict.
To Apply: To be considered for this role please email your resume and a cover letter to COB 15 November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?