Advertiser: Currency Select Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
- A Permanent full-time position (Monday - Friday)
- A great salary package starts ASAP
- A great team culture
- Sydney CBD location
Currency Select is a leading provider of card payment processing services and a subsidiary of the Global Blue Group, a leading provider of Global Tourist Tax-Free processing services. The Company is seeking an Assistant Accountant to work in our Sydney office.
The position will report to the Finance Manager and will provide assistance to the Finance Team and the Currency Select business.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Month-end closing including the posting of revenue, trading costs, payroll posting, etc...
- Bank clearing and bank reconciliations.
- Acquirer’s reconciliation, settlement and posting.
- Monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory accounts.
- Assist AP team with expense report and implement the relevant Australian tax rule changes
- Project work as per project plan and timeline when required
- Assist with operational queries/problems
- Any Ad-hoc activities, reports and back up for other team members.
Background and Education
- University Degree in Business / Commerce major in Accounting.
- Part CPA or CA qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
Specific skills and knowledge
- A high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel skills eg. V-lookups, Sumif.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Positive attitude and great teamwork.
Interested? In the first instance, please send over your COVER LETTER and RESUME in a WORD FORMAT from the link below.
Only the shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more information on Currency Select, please visit our website at www.currencyselect.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial accountant?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- What's your expected annual base salary?